Sorry, this report is not included in your subscription.
To access this report, please contact our client relations team on: Europe +44 (0) 20 7246 7808, Americas +1 212 367 7644, Asia +1 212 367 7644 or e-mail email@example.com.
Forgotten your username/password
If you wish to change your password you can alter your access details on the “My Settings” page, available inside the client area.
Access to the full report is restricted to clients.
For a free trial of our services, please click here.
Already a client? Please login at the top of this page.
• Latest BoJ policy acrobatics unlikely to halt Japanese demand for AUD bonds
• Yen hedging activity spilling over to higher Australian repo rates
• Banks’ funding costs drift higher, adding to profitab...
With inflation falling short of their targets, the Bank of Japan and the ECB are approaching scarcity limits on QE. We distinguish between ‘good’ and ‘bad’ tapers, with very different implications for bond yields. We...
• Money and credit growth, supportive pre-2014, has become inflationary
• Credit is booming to buy back stocks, which are now vulnerable to rate hikes
• The economy will soon get even more overheated, implyin...
• The BoJ laid out the route to tapering, retreating from the monetary base target
• Interest rate targeting is a well-worn mistake
• Footnote on interest rate spike is a logic bodge: warning to longer term i...
• The scarcity problem implies tapering, but not necessarily a major tantrum
• Yield targets, demand-supply and strategic demand remain supportive
• But, eventually, it comes down to one decisive factor – global inflat...
• Volatility likely to rise more after being unusually low this summer
• Seasonality, valuations and political risks to keep markets on edge
• Fed to hike 3-4 times in a year, but USD upside still limited
• Govvies mini...
• Stocks and safe bonds selling off in tandem questions conventional wisdom
• Brief episodes of sell-off unlikely to erode the safe-haven value of Treasuries
• Countercyclical inflation is probably the only reliable threat t...
• Continued dollar strength is inconsistent with the economy’s soft patch
• An overvalued dollar remains a restrictive influence on the global economy
• We continue to favour tactical dollar shorts and recommend buying...